View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 03:11 AM
raptureready

I returned yesterday from a Carol Doak trunkshow/lecture and workshop hosted by Threads of Time in Danville, Il. What a MAGNIFICENT time. The lecture was funny, she's a delightful speaker, the trunk show was beautiful, and the workshop was fun and informative. We made the "Sunrise" block from her "Mariner's Compass Stars" book. And YES, she does make paper piecing fun! The only down side was learning that she's retiring from the lecture circuit at the end of this year. So, if you have the chance to see her this year make every effort to do it. She has a wonderful personality, a heartfelt laugh that bubbles up often, and is a patient teacher. What a great time we all had. She spent the night in Threads and Beds with us and was just "one of the girls." I believe everyone of the people there (even experienced paper piecers) learned some new tricks and techniques and had fun. If she ever decides that she needs to get away from home for awhile and do another workshop I'd go again in a heartbeat. The whole experience, from meeting and learning from Carol, to the comfortable stay at Threads and Beds, to the delicious meals catered by Charlotte's was superb!