View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Lori S

The patterns are:
First quilt - Twisted Bargello by Chris Timmins
Comment - it was surisingly easy once I got into the pattern
Second Quilt - Is by Dereck Lockwood
Comment - It was listed as fast and easy ( thought he had some brillaint method) it was a very very long process , as each square ends up only 1/2 inch finished. It is done in strips but it is still very time consuming.
Third Quilt - Is "joy" by Jacqueline de Jonge
Comment - It is a Dutch pattern, I found the intructions to be a bit ...less than perfect ( I think the person who translated was not a sewer) it is paper pieced , but at the time I purchased the pattern none of the papers were included or available for purchase. It said to trace all of the units. I did e- mail the artist and she told me they have since worked to include the papers. Note if you do purchase the pattern with out the papers . the patterns included are on European size paper , it will require a Copier that takes big paper ( Kinkos did not want to copy becuase each sheet of traceable pattern had a copyright stamped on it). She has many fabulous designs , but do make sure you get the papers( with the design printed on them) included for paper piecing, or want to deal with making the papers. Her designs are not for a beginner/new paper piecer.