Old 06-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt
Can you please explain to me what a trunk show exactly is? We don't have something like that here in Germany - so what exactly is going on there?
A trunk show is when a quilter brings a huge pile of the quilts he or she has made. As they hold up and display each quilt, they talk about what inspired them to make it, the difficulties they may have encountered and overcome, and other interesting facts about the quilt and its meaning. It's very inspirational and I learn a lot just by looking at other people's work. If you would like to see what a trunk show looks like, click here. This is a trunk show given at my local guild by Sally Collins. She has generously allowed us to put the photos up on the website. There is also another trunk show you can see if you click on the home page and then click on the tab that says Doris Coffee Trunk Show. Doris is one of the sweetest ladies I know and her quilts are amazing. I hope this helps.

My guild has trunk shows several times a year and I've been very blessed to see some amazing stuff!