View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dglvr
Yes sometimes I have premonitions. You sit back and think wow that was weird.
Glad you both are doing as well as you are. You were wearing your helmets right? Some states like Idaho don't have a helmet law. When I go to Idaho I can't believe the amount of riders with no helmet. I had a crash 30 years ago and the only reason why I'm still here is my helmet. Can;t beleive I still ride.
I don't remember anything about the accident though. Sometimes I wish I did. I probably wouldn't ride now.
I am going to sell my motorcycle. I can't afford to go down.
My back is bad enough. Maybe I'll do that today. Put it up for sale.
Glad your okay. ;)
If it helps you to sell...three years ago, my DH was on his going maybe 25 and slowing for a red light. Two lanes and there was a car in the inside lane, behind him on his left.
When the light changed before they got to it, the guy in the car, going to a laundrymat, decided he couldn't wait to turn in, (which was on the right), so he whipped past my hubby, cut him off and went right on in the parking lot, got out, got his laundry and proceeded in the store.
Meanwhile, my husband hit his brakes to avoid hitting the right back bumper/taillight, fell and slid...helmet - absolutely...and broke two ribs, almost puncturing his lung, and was badly bruised all up and down his right side, and stunned badly.
The police called me and put him on the phone, bc he was denying an ambulance.
I jumped in the car!
Somebody that saw the accident had to go in the laundrymat and get the guy that left him on the wet road!!!
I got there and as soon as I saw my husband I knew I had better figure out some fancy talk fast, bc he was going to the hospital, one way or another.
We went. That event triggered a build up of fluids in his lungs, until he had to have surgery for the left one bc he was drowning.
It was almost FULL! :shock:
Stuff and stuff, and from December 06 to November 07, he went down until he became permanently disabled.
He is ok, but not the same and there are other factors, but it was all triggered by that fall from the motorcycle that nearly killed him at 15 mph!

About premonitions...Absolutely I have had more than one and one was so detailed and precise, it wigged me out...but a family knew to unplug their father from all machines, bc of it...
ONLY I don't call mine premonitions.
I believe we all have this sixth sense. Haven't figured out why it only happens sometimes.
I think I only get them when i am open. They have only been about death or warnings of danger!
There is a book by Gavin DeBecker called, "The Gift Of Fear", and I believe the man is on target.
I couldn't finish reading it, too disturbing, but it pays to pay attention to your inner voice, from above.