Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kimby1213
I have been following this thread for quite a while in lurk mode.. I have to say I am in awe of all of the work you ladies have done so far. :mrgreen:

So much so that I have started a Dear Jane group at my LQS. We aren't doing such a rigorous schedule (just 10 blocks a month) and should be finished in mid 2012. :shock:

I have a newbie type question for you... I have been watching what LaceLady has been doing with the QAYG. I really like what she is doing, but want to machine quilt the blocks. Would I need to put some kind of backing fabric on it to run it through my machine or can I just use the Warm & Natural?
No, you can machine sew through the block, with the W&M behind it, no trouble. After all, that's how I have sewn the blocks together, and I am in the process of sewing the tris together the same way. I have also, in the past, machine quilted through a quilt top, with poly batting behind it, when I was doing some trapunto quilting. Again, no problems, my machine doesn't seem to chew anything up at all. You do have to bear in mind that you won't get all your quilting patterns on the back of the quilt doing it this way, but there will be a lot less weight involved until the final backing needs to be added. When that gets put on, at least you will only have straight lines to quilt in the ditch round each block.