Thread: another newbie
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:39 AM
mumtoliam

Hello all!!

My name is Vanessa. I am 32, a kindergarten teacher, and single mum to a four year old. In my free time - I love to sew!!!! My ex has Liam, my DS, every other weekend and so if I am not cleaning, doing schoolwork - my machine is out and I am working on the many projects on my to do list.

I have made several bags, wall hangings, cushions, and have started an I spy quilt for my son. I have finished the top, and basted the quilt and have quilted some of it, I have left it to think about quilting the border - I am thinking of stitching stars, but dont want to - unless I definitely think that's what I want to do.

Anyway, I have started tackling a 5" charm square throw - I am making this for mum, and I want to make one for my bedroom, and then I recieved a fundraiser mystery quilt kit. I got it on Friday- opened the parcel Friday night and was into it - Saturday morning. I also have a wallhanging top in the works.

I have definitely caught this bug. I joined a quilt guild last November and enjoy their monthly meetings, last night was a sit and sew night. I also attend a sit and sew night every other Thursday night.

I am interested in your BOM, and want to thank the members that helped me to locate the quilt that I saw in a magazine but didnt know which magazine it was. This site already feels welcoming. Cant wait to get to know a bit about all of you.