View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:42 AM
raptureready

First of all I would pay my tithe to our church. After that, I'd give all my grown step-children a trust fund that paid out so much a month. I'd set up a trust for my own daughter that would do the same when she became a certain age---not enough for any of them to live on, but enough to enhance the income from their job. Then I'd make a one time only gift to each of my brothers and sisters and each of DH's. With the rest, I'd probably invest a large portion of it. If it was big enough I'd have a new home built where everything was on one level. It would have to have a huge self contained quilting/art room including a kitchenette, 1/2 bath, and sitting area. It would include a state-of-the-art long-arm quilter, sewing machines, cutting tables, storage closets, lighting, and a Murphy bed in case I wanted to rest(I've always thought those were so cool). My new home would also have a basement (Illinois is a tornado state) that would be fully equiped and nice enough to live in for awhile. Basically a separate apartment in it. But the laundry room would be on the main floor. It would also have a large RC room for DH that would be as fully equiped as my sewing room. Our new home would be built to be totally handicap friendly with large walk-in showers. I'd also have a couple to live in another smaller house that would take care of the housekeeping/cooking/gardening/pool/maintenance, etc.