Old 06-08-2010, 09:02 AM
hazeljane

Originally Posted by Bevanger
I guess maybe I ask to much for fabrics, but being on ssi , i am financially limited. so when i get fabs i appreciate it cuz i get to sew. i show pics constantly to show everyone that i am using their fabrics and i'm quick to say thank you. I've been here a couple years and if i ask for alot, please pm me and tell me. Sometimes I get so excited when sewing with these fabs, I don't think .... So PLEASE tell me if I'm overdoing it. :oops:
Bev-

I don't think putting out a broadcast that you could use something in particular is the same thing at all. You are a regular, and we can all see that you use it. If you put it out in the forums, you give people a choice, in my opinion. If I read your post and have what you need, I can choose to send it, and if I don't have it, maybe someone else will.

It's different if you are pm'ing specific people you don't know and asking them for something. I don't think this thread is at all aimed at folks like you. For me, sending stuff feels so good. I have too much and it's only pleasure for me to share pieces I know will go to good use.

This is a huge group, from all different circumstances. ( It was not that long ago that my circumstances financially were on the scary side.) One of the things I love here is the willingness to sponsor, mentor, help out, pass along. I don't want to see that go away, or to see people self-conscious. So please don't worry about that.