View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
danmar

Originally Posted by janice4
Originally Posted by danmar
Hi everybody! I got several requests for the pattern for my Carpenter's Star so I am here to post it for everyone to enjoy!
It's really quite a simple block to make, especially after you make the first one. Don't get me wrong though, I said simple, Not "Fast"! LOL I have made about 125 of these blocks so far. It took me all day when I first started. Now it takes me between 3 1/2 and 4 hours to make One. The pattern is made completely out of squares and half squares. If you have any questions, Please don't hesitate to ask! I'd be more than happy to help anybody. I hope this Homemade Pattern is written so that people can understand it. If not, let me know and I will make it clearer.
NOTE: On the half square units, don't cut the squares into half squares until AFTER they are sewn. Mark your center line diagonally, sew together and then cut unit in two, to make 2 half square units. I hope that is what they are called anyways!
Here's the pattern and Please post pictures of your first blocks and projects you make so I can see. I love pictures!
LOve it I have made about 12 of the original carpentar star easy and looks fabulous !!
Have you posted the pictures yet? If so, I missed them! I love this block and would love to see the ones that you have made. Please tell me where to find them or post pictures. Pllleeeeease!
Marilyn