View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:00 AM
janice4

This is my first tutorial so please bear with me . I am a visual learner so there is many pictures for you to refer to in case I am not making myself very clear. I have a lot of trouble understanding patterns ......this is why I just figure it out and do it. :) I will post the pictures and explain as I go.
You will need just scraps of fabric for this project or if you prefer two 6 x 8 inch cuts will be plenty. I used steam a seam for stability.

You will trace two templates 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 inch and the second template will have a little dip in center. You can draw the first one out and fold in half to make the curve . I cut my templates out of plastic as I intend to make many of these.

Lay your template on top of steam and seam and trace pattern for both templates.
Place the steam a seam onto the wrong side of the fabric you will use. (6 x 8 inch piece )
Steam in place with a pressing cloth or another piece of fabric over top.
Cut these pieces out and peel off the backing of the steam a seam.
Now lay these pieces onto the wrong side of second piece of fabric (6 x 8inch ) and steam together.
Cut these out and you can top stitch the one with the dip if you like.
Lay both pieces together and sew 1/4 inch seams down the sides and bottom and back up the other side and you are done !! Trim to 1/8 inch and fill with a gift card.

drawing pattern onto steam a seam
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81370[/ATTACH]

Place steam a seam onto fabric and press and cut out and remove backing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81373[/ATTACH]

Press the pieces to the second fabric and cut out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81374[/ATTACH]

Top stitch along piece withe the dip and place together to sew up side, bottom and side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81375[/ATTACH]

Fill with a gift card
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81376[/ATTACH]

Make several in different themes for your friends and family
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81377[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81365.jpe   attachment-81368.jpe   attachment-81369.jpe   attachment-81370.jpe   attachment-81371.jpe  

attachment-81372.jpe