Old 06-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Hazeljane ~ I have had the SAME thing happen to me! Twice, two complete strangers PM'd me asking me for stuff. I just thought it was kind of weird ~ I looked them up and I never had responded to anything they had said. I just deleted their PMs to me. Odd.
Originally Posted by dsb38837
(quote) "I got a pm too asking for selvedges. The person joined April 23, 2010. Sent me the pm May 8, 2010. I just checked and the person has created 0 topics and made 0 responses to post. I have read post that 'gave me a funny feeling' but how would we ever know? We just have to make the best decisions we can, bless it and go on".
Originally Posted by redquilter
(quote)Hmmm - that same person PM'd me and I also checked and came up with the same results you did. She's not getting any of my selvedges, that's for sure.

This is what I don't like.

I had that same person ask me a month or so ago to save selvage strips for her. I did reply that I would save them, definitely don’t plan on it now since she obviously isn’t a participant here.

Like SharonB, I look people up and try to determine if they are legimately in need of what they asked for. In my opinion, most quilters are honest people.