View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:16 AM
weezie

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Originally Posted by shaverg
Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Why go through all of this trouble with freezer paper. All I do is take a mechancial pencil and trace the shape on the fabric. Then I cut out the shape with an 1/8" seam. Pin shape on fabric and bring your needle up anywhere but a point and turn the seam allowance under and the line will be your guide. Then just stitch down. Pencil mark will wash out. :-D

Easy peasy!!!! :thumbup:
Not so easy if you are doing hand applique. LOL
Really its not that hard!!! Once you do it this way you'll wonder why you've done it the other ways. Please don't be afraid. Just the tip of the needle guides the material. Really, honestly, its not hard. Try it on some simple shapes on scrap fabric. The hardest is the points and once you do them and see how to do it you'll go OHHH! :thumbup:

I know there are different ways of doing everything and not everything works for everyone. I guess for me its the easiest and most productive way. I feel people get intimidated by it and wish they wouldn't.

That's all. Sorry if I've offended anyone!! :-D
You haven't said anything offensive. I'll have to try your method next time I'm in the needle-turn applique mode.