Old 06-08-2010, 11:10 AM
RatherB Quilting

Urgh! I get so frustrated with myself. I have been working on my first Quilt for Kids quilt (which is overdue already) and I have been doing my first FMQ'ing on it. I am doing pretty darn good, if I do say so myself...I am very pleased with how it's coming out. Only...I just realized I made a big boo boo.

I had finished 6 squares with a stipple pattern. Midway through my 7th square, the bobbin monster attacked. I put the quilt away because it was late. When I came back to it, my memory lapsed and I refilled the bobbin (which was previously filled with light blue to blend with the backing) with dark blue (which is my top thread.) So, I have gone on to finish seven more squares, as well as the half finished one.

It is terrible. It shows my every mistake on the back and to make it worse, one square is half and half.

Should I pick them all out? I have never picked out quilting before...is this going to send me 'round the bend picking out all these stitches? I am so upset! If I pick them all out, what do I do about the holes left?

*sigh* I think I need chocolate.....lots of chocolate.