View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Rob

I am one of those people who like 100% cotton stuff. I did some research here and after seeing some comments about being unsure of the percentage of cotton in the batting, I visited the Warm and Natural site. The 100% cotton needled batting says it is 100% cotton. So did fabric.com. So I bought 3 twin size.

When I got the batting yesterday, nothing on the packaging states 100% cotton. In fact, the labeling states "Federal Requirement:" 87.5% cotton and 12.5% Polypropylene.

I guess a mesh layer is used in the needling process? OK, that is great. But do not label it 100% cotton.

1. Maybe I am misunderstanding something here so help me if I am wrong.

2. Since not everyone is experts on the process, or perhaps Federal Requirements for batting, shouldn't labeling be more "true" for the average consumer (or maybe everyone knows this and I am the dumb consumer)? I mean...if this batting is 100% cotton batting top to bottom and through and through...tell me.

3. Does anyone know of TRUE 100% cotton batting they can tell me about?

I emailed Warm and Natural, and fabric.com and do not have a response yet. This just sort of ticks me off because I feel mislead.

Once I have word from the company(s) I will update.

OK....time for that donut.