Old 06-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Mariah

I can "feel your pain" with the mistakes, unsewing, ect, ect. The same thing happened to me with a quilt I recently got back from the quilter. I unsewed all 20 of the blocks, re-sewed and put together. What worked for me was this:
1. I figured out what was the mistake, then spent TV watching unsewing the blocks, but pinning the strips with each block. (It was strip-pieced.)
Then, I put it away for several weeks. One Rainy Day, I got it out and started putting it back together. Slowly, mixed in with other projects, I completed it. What saved my sanity was to get new projects to do with the re-sewing, after the unsewing.
This is another suggestion: Maybe do Foundation Piecing for the blocks. Here is a Website which has patterns for Foundation Piecing; [email protected]. What you would do would be to not get confused, which I wonder if that isn't what is happening. You would be sewing on the pattern piece and following the colors. I have used their patterns before, and they are good.
Good luck, and you will laugh about it when you get it re-sewed, however you choose to do it. I have made 2 Log Cabins now, and it is easy to get confused. The last one I didn't use the foundation. A friend who taught home ec. at the college here, showed me another way to do it without the foundation. Wish we lived closer and I would run over and show you!!
Mariah