View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 06:32 AM
zz-pd
Banned

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
I agree with Polly on the price I wish to pay. I know that LQS need support and I am sure they get plenty. I have two near me, just found the second by meeting a lady at Joanns. I went there and was given the tour of the shoppe and it was a wonderful shoppe. The lady that did the tour was sweet and helpful, but I will say there was one at the front counter that was sour, I don't know if it was that time of "month" or just her personality. That is a turnoff on having to deal with her in the future. I plan to return again and search out on my own, fabrics and class information and see how I feel of the reception. Todays times we have to be watchful of what we spend and what we get for our dollars. It is not to say We all would not wish to buy the finest and stitch away, but for many that is not the case, so it is important to remember that, when this line of topic is presented. The main goal of quilting is to enjoy making and whatever one uses to accomplish that goal is what matters. So please keep in mind the sensitivity of putting a price on fine, finer and finest quality of quilting. We all are here to enjoy each other and learn and to be a family. Happy quilting everyone :)
I agree with you, I want to be able to support the quilt stores, there is one about 10 miles from my house. they are very friendly, and helpful. and if I ever get SSS I will most likely sign up for a class or two. they have such beautiful fabric, but it is very expensive,. I learn everything from all of you and through trial and mistakes, which I cant afford the mistakes :-D like the 150 siggie blocks I made for the swap which were all 3 1/4 instead of 3 1/2, so know I have all those blocks I can't send in :? . circumstance and finance does not allow me to support any store. God bless. Penny