View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 06:44 AM
wishiwerequilting

Originally Posted by Calif Jane
You will have three layers of freezer paper with your traced pattern on top. Cut out your applique patterns to use as templates. They are sturdy, and can be used over and over again---they will adhere to your fabric many times. Place the templates on the wrong side of the fabric , press with a warm iron, then cut out 1/8th to 1/4th inch from the template.
Brush a weak solution of starch on the fabric to be turned, and press it to the freezer paper. When complete turn it over and inspect for wrinkles and press again. Remove the freezer paper template and glue the applique piece to your background.
So when you press the freezer paper template to the fabric, you have only one thickness of freezer paper and the reason you ironed several sheets together was just so that you could make multiple copies?
I have made multiple copies in the past by stacking several sheets and stapling them together, rather than ironing them. I usually put a staple inside the drawn image and around it as well. Then just pop the staple and you have multiple templates. Worked well for me.