View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Maride

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
The quilting is great! Good job. Personally, I cannot imagine complaining that someone did not make one of my kids a quilt when they made the other one a quilt. I can understand if she would have asked politely if she could pay you for your time and all the materials because she didn't want her son to feel slighted, but to complain? Ouch. You must really be a sweetheart because I would have probably said, SORRY and left it at that.
She complained to her mother and she is the one I am making the quilt for. My time and effort will be well compensated for. Let's put it this way: My friend is a great tipper. She will bring the quilt to her daughter. I am well aware there is a lot of issues between her daughter and her daughter in law and I am not surprised this issue happened. I have heard some amazing stories about jealousy from them.

It amuses me, because I have 2 siblings and I am the only one away from home. My sister gets to see my Mom any time she wants and my brother is across the street from her and she takes care of his kids. I am not a bit jealous of whatever either one of them gets from her. I am just happy to be able to talk to her any time I want.