View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Great kid - great granny!
Thanks Clem and Mad. He is a great kid. He does so well in the environment he is in. He is going into 4th grade and he does the same work as his classmates just not as much of it. He has an aide that goes with him through his day and keeps him on track and he does really well! We marval at how much he has progressed over the last year or two. He has just made great leaps and bounds in his understanding and comprehension.
He can do things on the internet I don't know how to do! He discovered he could pause a video and print off a picture of that video. Then he has me cut out a part of that picture - a tree or a picture frame or Sam Wiggles etc and then he tapes those to a paper and draws the story around that picture. He gets really detailed in his imaginary stories!! He is putting them in a spiral notebook and I wil keep those spirals.

He is so much fun to have around. He loves to roughhouse and tickle and loves the one on one. He is a cuddlebug which is unusual for most autistics. Most can't stand to be touched. But he clings to Sara's legs and tells her he is a koala bear and she is the tree! LOL