View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kylenstevesmom
Rhonda, as you know my 2 boys have Asperger's... so I can relate.The swing sounds awesome, and Zach looks like he enjoys it and is making good use out of it.
I think Kyle would have gotten some use out of something like that... but when he was that age he was undiagnosised and seriously misunderstood.
One thing you can tell Zach is that he gets to swing on his swing even when it's snowing outside and everyone else has to wait until it gets nice out!!!

Theresa
How old are your boys now? I still have some issues of him throwing himself on the ground in a temper and I can't move him physically. Sara uses stern voice and telling him to get up but he doesn't always listen to me. One time he did this to me in the middle of the street and scared me because I couldn't get him to move. He is almost as tall as me now and I do worry abit if he is too big to handle and he won't listen to me.

I do use time out and he hates that as he has to sit on my bed with Papa in his wheelchair right beside him. Papa takes no guff so he doesn't get away with the temper tantrums for long.
I also use 123 as does Sara and it works most of the time.

We both -Sara and I- think about what his teen years will be like. He will be 10 in Jan and that sounds so grown up!! LOL