Thread: EQ and Fabrics
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
quiltilicious

Originally Posted by Crafty1
The laptop (which is about to die :( ) has the pics of most of my fabrics that I use with EQ6. So I installed the EQ7 upgrade onto the desktop. I'm going to transfer the pics, delete and take more pics since there's more fabs, I haven't taken pics of the FQ's or scraps, just the yardages, but it got me thinking....

Does anyone else take pics of ALL the fabrics and import them into EQ? and/or Do you use the fabrics that's already on EQ as reference?

Just curious :)
I mostly use the EQ fabrics, and photos of the fabrics I purchase from online quilt stores. I haven't had a scanner that works hooked up to my computer in a while, so I haven't scanned fabrics.

I also work with the solid colors in EQ when designing.

Did you also know that EQ has fabric libraries that they publish for free download every month? Plus some manufacturers (I think Moda is one) also have downloadable fabric libraries for EQ of their current lines.

One more thing...
if your laptop dies, you can take the hard drive out of it (if that's not the bit that's dying), and put it into an external hard drive case and hook it up to your new computer using a USB connector and it acts like a secondary hard drive.