View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Lori S

I have noticed an increase. I spoke to my LQS owner and asked her about prices , she told me that the manufactures have increased there prices to her . She also said that she is very reluctant to increase her prices since the economy is so bad.
Some shops have broken the 10.00 per yard on some fabrics. It seems that around here no shop was going over that $10.00 price but now I am seeing some bolts at $10.00 or $10.50. A few months ago you never saw anything over $9.50.
Jo Ann certainly has gone up , and what they are calling the premium quilters cottons are still not top notch quality,and they have the ..... to charge $12.99 per yard. Even with a 40 percent off coupon that is still too high for what you are getting. Then when they have a sale on what they call the "keepsake" cottons , these "premium" are not included.
Hobby Lobby has reduced the amount of quilter cottons over the years , and they used to have sales more frequently.
But if you notice a few of the "big" on line stores like Hancock of Paducaka is having more sales , but there "base prices on alot of fabrics have gone up. Just got an e- mail for Moda at $4.98 per yard ( big selection).