View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Joeysnana

These kids are incredibly sweet. Others could take a lesson from them. After an episode of disruptive behavior, my DGS is heartbroken and puts his arms around my neck and just keeps saying, "I'm sorry, Nana. I'm sorry, Nana." He is a sweetheart.
They can bring you to tears! I have seen Zach jump to say sorry to get out of trouble but when it isn't anything that was his fault and he dissolves into I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!! and his face is so upset it just makes you want to cry for him. He is so sweet most of the time. And when the disruptive behavior happens I can usually redirect. He loves to be tickled so the tickle monster will make a visit and he can turn around with help.

One of his and my favorite redirects is a game I started with my daughter when she was little. It is the opposite game. I say yes he has to say no I may say it several times and he has to listen and change when I change. I may say yes then change to sometimes then maybe never and he has to say always etc. He is really good at it and has created his own versions.

I say too bad so sad when things don't go his way and he will come back with too good too happy!