Old 06-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
I'm sure I've lost my mind.

I just won an auction on shopgoodwill.com a Husqvarna Viking Automatic Type 21 machine in its original case. It looks pretty good cosmetically and I have no idea what it is really worth or if it will actually work but I just paid what I think is a very reasonable price for it (I almost feel guilty). I am going to try to post the pics from the auction listing and would really appreciate it if anyone can give me any info on this machine as I have not been able to find more than a couple of websites that even mention it. I know I'll probably have to do some cleaning and oiling and I will be happy to receive lots of helpful advice, comments, pros, cons, etc. I'm such a silly girl sometimes...I know part of the reason I love the look of this machine is because it matches my KitchenAid stand mixer (also a pretty green) which is my favorite appliance of all time. I hope I made a good decision. By the way, I lied...I don't think I've ever been perfectly sane...that would be very boring!!! Take a look and tell me what you think of it.
I am imagining you bought this pretty cheap since it was on Goodwill's auction site. And I can say that what ever you paid for it you did very good indeed!!!!

I am not that familiar with the Viking brand but I understand that it is a very well built machine and highly respected throughout the sewing community. Just the fact that it is a free arm and vintage makes it priceless to me!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I now have another machine to add to my list of machines to get. And thanks to you guys and your fancy-smancy e-machines with all the bells and whistles you have me coming over to the "Dark Side". :roll: :-P :twisted:

Billy