Old 06-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
What a fantastic room to meet in! What different nationalities are represented in your group, how did you all meet etc... I hope you all, also got to the class time, the block is wonderful looking that the instructor provided. Please show some of the finished quilts, using the fabrics sent. Night
Grandma Cindy, we are all British ex-pats, but last week we had a spanish lady come for the first time, the room is provided free of charge as our group is considered to provide entertainment in the community so that means our weekly subs can be spent on providing equipment and supplies which our leader, Rachel takes charge of, she has even recently managed to secure a discount from the one shop that can provide us with supplies, and hopefully the more we buy the more she will get in for us, although it is very expensive, as everything is imported for U.S.A. I bought the omnigrid ruler 6 x 24" (well metric equivilant) and it cost me 40 euros!! I would dearly love to have alot more notions, but at those prices its impossible!! I have even tried to find a supplier of perspex/acrylic sheet to make our own templates/rulers but you can't find it anywhere in Southern Spain.....oh the trials and tribulation of living in a foreign country. BUT there are lots of great reasons to be here too!!!!! :lol:

The wallhanging is a Carol Doak Design, and quite a few of the group are in the process of making it, they have selected their fabrics, and managed to do alot of the cutting out, but it was difficult with all the distractions yesterday!!

As the projects grow I will post pictures so you can see!! :D