Thread: My 1st Quilt
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 06:50 PM
JCL in FL

You did a super job. Doing a sampler exposes you to several different techniques and an excellent way to start. My second quilt was a sampler and I plan to do another sometime.
It's a mystery to me why I make one pattern over another. Most times I have someone in mind to give the quilt to so I gear the quilt in the direction of something I think they would like and the colors I know they would want or could use in their room. But the others are the mystery. I have a list a mile lone of things I want to try and this site exposes me to so many wonderful quilts and I want to make them all. I'll move from different color groups and styles and sometimes get stuck with a certain color for a while. I use to do one quilt at a time, and now I jump around working on three or four at a time and even shelving one for a while for one reason or another. It is a real challenge for me not to go out and buy fabric for quilts I want to make when I know I won't get to them for a while. And sometimes by the time I can start a new project I'm not interested in the one I bought the fabric for. I sound like a scatter brain don't I?