Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 AM
cjaye44

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
I'm sure I've lost my mind. I blame it on all of you since I was perfectly sane before I started out with the QB. I was all set to acquire a reasonably priced (i.e., inexpensive) FW. I have been bidding on hundreds of them over the past few months but haven't won yet. Then I came across this cute green thing, became obsessed and forgot about the FWs. I just won an auction on shopgoodwill.com a Husqvarna Viking Automatic Type 21 machine in its original case. It looks pretty good cosmetically and I have no idea what it is really worth or if it will actually work but I just paid what I think is a very reasonable price for it (I almost feel guilty). I am going to try to post the pics from the auction listing and would really appreciate it if anyone can give me any info on this machine as I have not been able to find more than a couple of websites that even mention it. I know I'll probably have to do some cleaning and oiling and I will be happy to receive lots of helpful advice, comments, pros, cons, etc. I'm such a silly girl sometimes...I know part of the reason I love the look of this machine is because it matches my KitchenAid stand mixer (also a pretty green) which is my favorite appliance of all time. I hope I made a good decision. By the way, I lied...I don't think I've ever been perfectly sane...that would be very boring!!! Take a look and tell me what you think of it.
Please let us know how it arrives. I was looking at that one also and emailed to find out how well it was packed for shipping. In reply they said it would be wrapped in bubble wrap and cushioned with wadded up newspapers or styrofoam peanuts. That scared me off. I've seen several machines on that site that look nice but I've been burned several times buying online and I'm gun shy now. But I do hope you're one of the lucky ones!! She was a little beauty!!