Old 06-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
I'm sure I've lost my mind.

. . . a Husqvarna Viking Automatic Type 21 machine in its original case.
These were made by Husqvarna and sold as Viking Automatic. There were three editions, the 21, the 21A and the 21E.
. . . I'm not sure if all models have the same options or not and I won't really know until I get mine to see if mine actually comes with the cams. If I get all of these items I will post pics so everyone can see what I am trying to explain. I am very excited but wish I could find someone who is familiar with these.[/quote]

Well, of course I have one of these. (I seem to have one of everything.) Unfortunately, it's buried away somewhere in the basement, but if I come across it in the next few, I'll haul it back out again. (And put it on Ebay, if they're really going that high!)

I believe mine is a 21E. They're all metal; the casing of the machine itself is green aluminum. The model I have came with 3 cams. I know I have the cams, attachments, and manual. The case looks like a 50's suitcase and is lined in green plaid fabric. It is definitely one of the coolest cases I've ever seen.
I really haven't used mine, but do have to caution you on one thing: read the manual carefully before inserting or removing the cams, as they have a tendency to get stuck. Ask me how I now.

I am a Viking person, so I have several models, right up to a 15 year old Model 1 (computerized). That's where I stopped and started my obsession with vintage. I love the Vikings--the 6000 series is one of my all time favorite machines, except for that cracking cam stack thing! I've replaced one of those, and plan to never do so again!!