View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
Originally Posted by Jackie R
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it interesting to see where other quilters live? I think it's kind of interesting to see that someone else is posting a question or comment and they live half way around the world. I wish everyone would put in their real location instead of something so general it could be anywhere in the world. I just think it makes it a little more interesting to know that someone in London, for instance, is posting something - it just adds to the overall interest in my humble opinion. Happy quilting!
I agree! I like to see where quilters are from, too, so I don't get what this "in hiding" stuff is about. I would think just a state listing would not be too personal.
Since there are 17 pages to this thread so far, I bet somebody has already explained this: the reason so many have "in hiding" as their location is they are probably involved in a swap...especially the Secret Quilt Angel Swap" and don't want their "angelee", to figure out who they are by having their location visible.
It makes it more fun to be anonymous all year and then later in the year, maybe Christmas? I'm not sure, as i am not in that swap...but then they will finally all find out who their partner was. :thumbup: