Thread: Backing Problem
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by janedennis
I am in the middle of a quilt for my ds and i am trying to make it the way he wants it. The top is blue denim with white stars and am putting white sashing around each block. The backing is dallas cowboy material and he wants it to be one piece with no sewing (or quilting) so that the full dallas cowboy designs shows on the back. The front he doesnt care if I quilt how can i do that and not quilt the backing?

Tell your son wanting and getting are two different things.
:wink:

Seriously, while the suggestion of having it as a secondary backing put on after quilting would indeed work, I'm not quite sure how it would hold up. I guess it would be ok. kind of like a duvet cover on a comfortor but only on the back.
I like the 'wanting and getting' are two different things.
You didn't say how old your son is. I'm just thinking guys are tough on things. If he is going off to college it is going to get some wear. If it is a decoration quilt the secondary backing idea sounds great but if it is a quilt for use and washing it seems like the d/c fabric will be free to rub as it washes and it will get the little nubbies on the fabric.
Can't wait to see how you decide. I love challenges. Especially when they belong to someone besides me. :lol: :lol: :lol: