Old 06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Aurora

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Aurora
Yesterday I strayed from the Singers and got this on eBay for $14.99. It was listed once before and I missed bidding on it, but it was relisted and the price was lowered so I just couldn't pass on it. Can't wait to get it to start cleaning it.

Billy, can we replace missing clearcoat or does the Liquid Gold do the job? What about using a car wax, or would that have a negative reaction with the paint?
Yes you can put an automotive clear coat over what you have but it takes some serious know how and I wouldnt trust it to just anyone.

But you can use the Liquid Gold and it will hide a lot of the crazing and the missing varnish that is on the machine. It will not hurt the decals and it gives it a high gloss.

I think it is wonderful that you strayed from Singers. There were so many wonderful machines made during that era and each and everyone of them were very unique and offered innovations that the other didnt.

Come this Sunday I will have my second Non-Singer thanks to Charlee!!! I will have in my possession a pretty W&W D9!

Billy
Way to go! Don't you just love this hobby?