Old 06-10-2010, 05:19 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by GailG
Dad deceased (2000); Mom, 92, recently a breast cancer survivor; I will be 70 in August, retired teacher, (a survivor of bladder cancer and a stroke ('98); Sister, 67, battling cancer; Sister, 57, a nurse; Brother, 55, confirmed bachelor, my neighbor. DH, 70, retired, but is still in contact with his work; Daughter 46; Son, 45; Daughter, 43. Grandchildren: StGS, 32; StGS 27; GD 25; GD 19; GS 16; GD 14; GS, 7; GGD 6; GGS 2.
Also have 2 SILs and 1 DIL. No pets, only dust bunnies.

I, too, forgot the most astonishing thing of all: ON AUGUST 16, WE WILL HAVE BEEN MARRIED 48 YEARS. We were classmates and considered (off the record) to be the couple least likely to "succeed." Our youngest daughter married on our 24th anniversary and it's been a ball with our family ever since. We do a lot of family things. Last weekend they were ALL here for the painting party...children, in-laws, most grandchildren, and the two great-grands. We ordered out for lunch. In this family, food is our "top priority." Someone once told me "cook and they will come." Well, they even come for take-out.
:lol: