Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by sandpat
Rachel, I was scrolling and thinking..oh, that looks good, then I got to the last one and when "OOOHHHH...now that one looks stunning!!" :shock: :D I really like it with the varying background values and the outer scallop treatment. Its so much fun to play with the software isn't it...now you see how quickly I could do the first one for you :wink:
Oh it was so much fun to play!!! It took me a while to figure everything out, but I realized it's not super quick to make one, so I really really appreciate you doing that one for me. As you can see, I kept your idea of the circles, so I hope you don't mind if I put your name on the back as "Design inspiration" and I will do the same for Kimby too since she gave me the idea of the different shaded background. :) :) But yes I think I agree with both of you, the third one has way more visual impact, so I think that's the keeper!!

I *may* even do two at once, i was thinking it'd be nice to have a kind of scrappy one where I can make all my mistakes first and then do my real one. That may be a little ambitious, but we'll see! I decided to keep the second one simple. I will use muslin for the background, and then scraps for the colored pieces.

Now i just have to figure out the fabric I need to buy for my blue and orange!! :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83523.jpe