View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 02:22 PM
mpeters1200

MS1FINLEY wrote:

A coupe of questions first...

What is your purpose in quilting? Do you want quilts quickly for the families beds? What sizes? for what age groups?
Do you want to increase your skills?
Both?

Wow...it's been a long time since I looked at this line. SO MANY IDEAS, so little time. Thought I would answer the questions...

I quilt because it's beautiful and I would like to be able to do something I can take some semblance of pride in. More pride in being able to accomplish something for a change than the work itself. I not only want bedding for my family and to give away, but I like all the different patterns. I'm working on my first queen now, but all sizes. Not a big fan of runners or wall hangings yet. I want to increase my ability so I'd like to work easy first and then move up to intermediate etc. Someday I'd even like to hand piece.

I do have some trouble though. Serious eyesight issues run in the family and I'd like to be able to do as much as I can in the time given me. Also, I have colorblindness-type problems so I always have someone with me to help with color design. But I am rather proud of what I have done so far. I have completed 2 4-patch baby quilts, 2 rail fence lap quilts and I have done 2 more tops to match, just trying to get them done. While I can pick out each and every mistake and they stand out like neon lights, I am happy that they resemble what they should and that I completed them. I try not to say F***** as I think that is considered a swear word here.

I do love all the ideas seen here. I thought I had posted a list of all I bookmarked, but evidently not. It was lovely to get a refresher here. While I have to bookmark all over again, I do get to enjoy looking at all the patterns again soon.

Thanks everyone who replied here.

~M~