Old 06-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Katia

Hi, I just wanted to relate a good experience with a company that seems to carry a lot of parts for our precious Featherweights. The company is Discount Sewing Machine in Lakewood TX. I ordered some new cushions, and bobbins and lubricant from them a week or so ago. I got the order promptly, and all was well, except that the wrong bobbins were sent. They were thicker then what is used in a Featherweight. So I emailed them and told them and they emailed back and asked the size of the ones I had received. Within the hour I got another email back and they said that yes, they had goofed and to keep the wrong ones or give them to someone that could use them and they would send the correct ones. In a few minutes I received another email with tracking that they had sent the new ones. Don't you just love good customer service !!!!

I just thought I should pass this on in case anyone needs anything. They have parts for other machines as well.

Oh, the best part. I got the new correct bobbins, with a note of apology plus a packet of eight Singer needles. Totally not necessary, but very appreciated. This was not a huge order, less then 20 bucks, but I felt like I was treated like a I had spent a fortune with them. I know I will use them any time I need stuff they have.