Old 06-12-2010, 02:19 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

so...during the long night i did try a couple layouts i didn't bother taking pics of because i just didn't like them...and 96 blocks is a bit time consuming to lay out :-D
so, anyway...i'm going to try a couple of your suggestions...diagnal...light to dark...so, more pics coming...after i go home and get some sleep ;)

you can find this pattern in the January/February 2010 McCalls Quilting magazine. i think in the magazine it was called "Rise and Shine"

i made a quilt a couple years ago using the same technique but different 'pattern' i really have fun with these. i will show pics of the steps later (ya know...after some sleep/these 16 hour shifts are killer)

the fabrics were this 14 piece fat quarter collection i won in a drawing from a quilt shop i had signed up for their newsletter! they are beautiful! and so out of my 'box' something i never would have purchased...but they arrived...quite a surprise! and i looked at them and ooh'd & auhhh'd and put them away (october) then January comes along, new magazine catches my eye and AHA! that would be PERFECT for those fq's!!!
still took me awhile to get to the project...i've always got 10 going at once :roll: but i am happy that i finally decided to play :thumbup:
so anyway...thanks everyone...i will show more later...