Thread: Sisters......
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 05:09 AM
ginnie6

its been an interesting summer already. Week before last dd#4 scared the bezeesus out of dd#3. They are 11 and 13. They get along pretty good too. Well dd#3 is one who doesn't scare easily...that girl likes nothing more than a good scary movie to settle in with! DD#4 is scared of her shadow. DD#3 promised payback....when it was least expected.
All has been quiet though so I thought she had forgotten or just decided to let it slide. Should have known better! Last night dh and I were woken from a sound sleep by dd#4 in hysterics....someone was walking around in the yard and shining a flashlight in her window....oldest dd who is 21 had just come in and said there is somebody out there with a light. Well dh gets some pants on on jumps out the back door of the addition (no steps yet) and I come behind him with the gun....all the while dd is shaking like crazy and won't let go of me. About the time he gets to the end of the house dd#3 yells out "It's me! It's me! She comes in with dh hot on her heels.....mind you its like midnight. To say dh was NOT happy is an understatement.
Did I mention that there is MUD out where he jumped and that he was barefooted? By this time I am busting a gut NOT to laugh. DD#4 is still crying and shaking...dd#3 has that look on her face "UH OH" I woke dad....and dd #1...well she's standing over there laughing her head off. The two girls made their apologies to each other, to dad, and agreed that everyone is now even and no more scaring! DD#3 also got a nice talk on the dangers of going out in the middle of the night like that.....
I went to the bathroom a few minutes later and heard them in their room talking. I quietly walked to their door....NO not to scare them! Although the though did cross my mind...but to make sure they weren't fighting. They were in there laughing and being best friends again.
Nothing like a sister is there?