View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 09:14 AM
AliKat

Originally Posted by 99-Quilters
I need input on buying a new sewing machine for
quilting.

I need a reasonable priced Sewing machine for quilting
my old one needs to many repairs. Bought it second hand
25 years ago. It is time to put it to rest.

I would appreciate some input and your experience
on which one is the best in your option.??

Thanks Much
I agree: first set your budget limitations, then look at the floor models or ones the dealer is willling to make a deal on.

Find a machine you can bond with, as this varies with different people. Of my quilting friends we each love our machines and have different makes.

I love my Pfaff due to the dual feed or IDT. It is the easiest to work with as my arthritis in my fingers and hands makes it difficult to work with some of the other brands. If you can't bond with a machine ... or if it doesn't seem compatible to your way of sewing then forget that others like it .... get what suits you. Is the machine going to be for quilting, sewing, and/or embroidery?

Some of our LQS's have relatibvely new used machines for sale because the owners wanted to trade up. the deals are out there.

Since I take my machine to all sorts of quilting days I like having a machine I didn't pay too much for for this. I do however, have the Pfaff Creative Vision and that is for home use only. No traveling for the $$$ machine.

Why not take the $$$ one with me? Well, I remember all too well when I went for a quilting day and two ladies at the table next to mine decided to move the table I was at. They just shoved the table over the carpet. When I returned to my table the table collapsed and my machine went down with the table. I dearly love my quilting friends but realize they may not all have the same concerns I do. Others have had problems when someone accidentally trips on their machine cords or falls into their machines.

Enjoy the process ... make it fun and you will be pleased with the results.

ali