Old 06-12-2010, 09:37 AM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

About two weeks ago my DH and I were sitting in his mother's house, where we are currently living until we finish our house out back. It was a Saturday night and we were having our late snack when we heard our dogs barking like crazy. We went back and discovered that all the commotion was coming from the upper floor of our new house. He grabbed his gun, just in case, I grabbed the flashlight and up we went. In the back bedroom we found the two dogs had cornered this poor, half starved cat. He was scared to death and blood was on the floor. We proceeded to chase the dogs out of the house and then my DH picked the poor thing up.
I took him downstairs to the parcially finished area of the house and proceeded to clean him up. Well the blood was from our bearded collie. He had a good scratch on his foot but was fine. The cat, a boy by the way, was dirty, half starved and had a couple of minor scratches. I made a temporary litter box for him, got him some leftover chicken and fed him. He did not have a great night, he had very loose bowels and vomited a couple of times. Although he tried to make it to the litter box he had several accidents during the night.
The next day I went and got him some real cat food and a proper litter box. His loose bowels continued through the day and so did the accidents.
On Monday we brought him to the vet. He had an irritated bowel syndrome, probably from not eating properly, and needed a special cat food to aid in digestion, as he was not able to absorb the food passing through the intestines. So the vet gave him some antibotics, something to help with the bowel irritation, a special food and gave him his vaccations.
I am happy to report that the loose bowels have stopped, no more accidents in the house and he is starting to put on a little weight.
We have decided to keep him since he is so cute and such a good, affectionate little guy. We have named him after a cat my brother had before he died. His name is Kallie Kat and he has a forever home with us.
Thought some of you would like to hear the story. Here is his picture.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84035.jpe