Old 06-12-2010, 10:10 AM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by pab58
He's a cutie! It sure sounds like he came to the right home!!

About four weeks ago now my fiance and I took in what we thought was a stray cat that wanted to adopt us! She was so beautiful and sweet. My neighbor two door down from me decided she couldn't take her in so she put an ad on Craig's List. I knew nothing about it, and about 2 1/2 weeks later the kittie's owners showed up and took her. I hadn't thought of putting an ad online or anywhere else. I thought the owners would have put up flyers around the neighborhood -- especially since we have a big park nearby. They didn't. What really bothered us about the owners was that they never thanked us for taking care of her. The night she showed up on my porch, my neighbor next door fed her some milk, but said she couldn't take her in. Later in the night I heard the most terrible cat fight. I could hardly sleep for worrying about her. I had to work the next day, and all I could think about was her: was she okay? was she hungry? etc. When I got home, my fiance had taken her in, fed her, and I found her stretched out and sleeping on a recliner. ;) If my cat had gone missing, I would have immediately posted flyers! If I were reunited with it, I certainly would have thanked the surrogate owners for keeping it safe and well-cared-for.

Well, now I have a furbaby of my very own, and this one will have a permanent home with me for as long as she lives!! Her name is Gracie (she is gray -- get it? ;) ) She is 9 weeks old. I've had her for two days now, and she seems to be adjusting so well. As I type this she is sleeping on my lap. :-) She has been using the litterbox every time she needs to go potty. She's such a good little kitty. She has an appointment on Monday for her first vet visit. I hope all goes well.

Congrats on adding a new member to your family. He will certainly have a very loving home. ;-)
Glad you got another kitty to fill the hole the foundling left in your heart. I am happy for you.