Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Charlee

Kudos to you for taking that baby in and getting him healthy!!

I've had two kitty stories...Chester was actually a gift from a man that had bottle fed him and his sibs after finding them at 1 day old next to their dead mama... :( Chester lived with us, thinking that we humans were his parents, for 4 months before we found out that he had FIP and we had to put him down.

Abbi came to us in the saddest way really...William and I manage a storage facility. Over 1000 units on 10 acres. One evening, just before Christmas, one of the customers called and told me that there was a cat in the unit next to his, that his children heard it. I kind of blew it off, intending to check into it later, as children tend to make up stories when they are bored and playing around...but he called back about 10 minutes later and told me that he had heard it himself, and there was a cat in that unit.

I checked the account for that unit...that was the unit for the folks that had moved in and left that same night for Portland....a MONTH before!!!!!!!

I had the guys out there cutting that lock asap!! They brought me Abbi...a black kitty that wouldn't have made it another 2 days if she hadn't been found! I kept her for a year trying the whole time to find her a good home...I'm allergic to cats and most dogs...On Christmas day last year her new owners came and picked her up...they were in love, and so was Abbi! This baby wasn't crazy about strangers, but she went right to the lady and wouldn't leave her alone! I felt good about sending her to her forever home... :)

Again, thanks to you for saving that kitty! Not everyone would do that!