View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 03:09 PM
patricej
Administrator

i'm helping out local guild make quilts for Warriors in Transition (aka Wounded Warriors). the other tops already done were "snatched" up at the last meeting to go to the volunteer longarmer. i'll have to show you those when i get them back for binding.

here's one top (i made enough blocks for 2 like this). a WIP for another. (i'll do only 1 of these because it's slower going than i expected.)

the fabric mountain? i happened to mention to one of our members that i had been hunting high and low for patriotic fabrics and was on the verge of needing a second mortgage. "i have a few", says she, offering to send them to me. naturally i gratefully accepted. this is the mountain my mailman and 3 of his burliest friends carried to my door.

i ordered something special to coordinate with the print on the bottom of the pile. i am anxious to finish all the other tops i have started so i can get busy with that one.

i still get all misty and choked up by her generosity every time i look across the room at the pile. she said i could show you the fabs, but she prefers to remain anonymous.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84392.jpe   attachment-84393.jpe   attachment-84394.jpe