View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 05:13 PM
JenniePenny

I've had a recurring dream. I dream constantly that I am searching my deceased grandmother's house for a quilt that we made together.

Background that would be helpful:
when I graduated from HS and was accepted into college, I lived with my grandmother for two years because she lived near the college town. It was a good cost-effective option for me and my family. She was my best friend for those two years and was more of a positive inspiration to me than my parents or siblings or anything to do with my first 17 years up to that point. We did not sew together at all. (However, we wallpapered my room together; she taught me how to cook and eat nutriously; and she went for two mile walks with me EVERY evening, winter and summer so we could both keep to our fitness goals. I don't know why I keep having that dream about searching for 'our' lost quilt. There isn't a quilt to be found in reality. She passed away about seven years ago, and I hadn't started quilting then.

I know that she had a sewing machine, because when I was 10 years old and visited her for a week she made a doll outfit for my doll. But she didn't quilt.