Old 06-12-2010, 07:35 PM
sew cornie

Originally Posted by lab fairy
Gwen told me about this and suggested I might try it. I'm still a really new quilter. I took my first paper piecing class this week. I'm getting most of my seams to match etc. but color will probably be my nemesis for a long time.

Do I need to send fabric to the other person? With so many different greens, blues and so on, how would I know what is the right one?

Sorry, I'm sounding really needy and I don't need to be. I think I might need adoption. :D
Hi lab fairy and welcome! For this swap, you don't send any fabric out. Each participant requests a color scheme and/or theme and you may interpret that as you like. For example, my color/theme is "pinwheels in black plus one color". As you can see from the pictures I just posted above, kwiltkrazy took my theme in a couple of different directions. Now, please know she was exceedingly generous (and I, extremely fortunate! LOL.) and she sent three blocks instead of just one.

This is a great swap for beginners because it only requires one block each month. I find it to be a wonderful opportunity to try new things and with 4 weeks to complete one block, if my first try doesn't work, then I have plenty of time to try again. I hope you feel comfortable jumping in. We'd love to have you join us!