View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Kas

Well, when my dad and hubby got me my Pfaff Tiptronic in 2001, they traded in my old (1996) Singer. I was not sad to see it go at all! However, my oldest son who was 8 at the time, started yelling for me to come that Grandaddy and Dad were going to get rid of my sewing machine! He was so upset! So was DH since now I knew what they were up to!

When I got my Bernina, I kept the Pfaff even though the tension was off on anything other than a straight stitch. I am glad I did, now. It went into the garage and then into the attic which irritated DH since he says we have too much stuff. Well, I got a call from the sewing teacher at our kids' school. She wanted to know if I knew anyone selling a cheap machine since one of the classroom machines had bit the dust and there was no money to replace it this year. I told her about the Pfaff and its problems, but she was so happy to borrow it. The kids took turns sewing on it since it was so much better than the other classroom ones. So I feel I helped the kids enjoy sewing and quilting just a little bit more. Maybe they will stick with it.