Thread: another dog?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 05:46 AM
shaverg

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Ja, your story is so great! I love Patches!
Shaverg, your story is so heartbreaking, but I really want to say tis great that you have stuck by him, and tried the proffesional trainers and all...must be so hard.....
Pets are family members and a true commitment. I hate to see anyone take an animal that has already been through so much taken into a home that is not truely ready. We did think we might have to have Jake put to sleep, which broke our heart he just refused to let anyone in our house and could be so vicious for such a little dog. His eyes would just glaze and he would go balistic. We even had them do xrays to see if maybe he had a brain tumor and if we had to give him up we were going to drive him to Best Friends, they take in unadoptable dogs. We were going to offer them a big donation if for some reason they didn't think they could take him. But found a way to work with him for 13 years. What is funny is he loves anyone that is our family, won't tolerate anyone else still to this day.

I also recommend crate training. It is a blessing. I have always had dogs and never had a crate trained dog until Jake. I will never have another dog that is not crate trained again.