View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Janeen
Banned

I really don't think there's any such thing as "Stash Management"....

I kind of went totally wonko when I first got my SS checks and getting my room set up and got a lot of stuff for my stash that I wish I hadn't.

Right now I'm sorting and organizing and giving away....
I'm sorting fabrics that I bought that 'go together'... like I bought 2 or three fabrics that I want to use for a quilt - I'm putting them together and tying the bundle.. (that way next year when I see a fabric I won't go, 'what was this for?'

So far I have something like twenty-five bundles - ack!! and I'm not finished! .... these are bundles for quilts that I really, really want to make..

Then I'm going to put things like the batiks together, the kona colors (except for the ones already bundled with something else) etc.

(while sorting I started having an idea for a dresden plate made with batiks and put on all different kona colors!)

I also have bright and cheerful stuff and some flannel and some homespun that I got for lap quilts for the nursing homes that I need to work on... and I'd really like to get some 'soldier quilts' done...

One thing I can't buy is TIME!

I'm giving away some stuff that I got at the beginning of this quest that I know will just keep getting shoved to the back so to speak... there's nothing wrong with it and it's not 'nasty' or ugly, it's just that I've found stuff I like so much better that I'll never get to it, and I'd rather somebody get some use out of it.
I've found a few outlets around here to get some bargains - but you have to be careful - they sell the good stuff right along side some cheap stuff - and for the same price...
And then the quilt shops have sales! of the older stuff - and you can get some great prices...

I am thankful tho, that I did go bananas because I already see the pricing going up and up and I know that I won't be spending 8-9-10 dollars a yard for fabric. I even have some backing that I got for $3 a yard that is now selling for almost $6 a yard - same stuff/same fabric place...

One thing for sure, I DO NOT NEED ONE SINGLE PIECE OF ANY KIND OF FABRIC!!!!
none
nada
zilch

8)