Old 06-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
To me, the following story is hilarious but then I find humor in most things.

About 18 months ago before I knew anything about vintage machines I purchased this machine sight unseen except for email photos. My DD who lived near the machine's home, picked it up for me.

Last August my Dearest DIL was visiting and attended my quilt guild meeting with me and became very excited about quilting. She, being a non sewer, did not have a machine. I had several vintage and non vintage so I just gave this Singer 66 Treadle to her. Last week I had the privilege of visiting my son and his family and saw this machine for the first time since it left my home.

I was stunned to see it was a Red Eye and how beautiful the decals, etc. were. I am so glad my DIL has it and that she is excited about sewing on it. I need to replace the motor and then she will be all set.

Concerning cleaning, I have not cleaned it thoroughy as Billy has been teaching us. However, my son and I were kind of tinkering around with it. I had brought my GoJo non pumice cleaner with me so just kinda thought I would see how it worked. I will try to show before and after. It looked fairly clean before hand except for the wax droplets on the bed.

I even used GoJo on the wood just around the machine and loved the way it cleaned wood up also.
That is one SWEET looking machine!!! Dont you love how they clean up after the Go Jo? Throw the polish to it and it will be screaming!!!

Billy