Thread: I'm So Excited!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 07:55 AM
MissM

Originally Posted by MissM
DH and I decided to go out on the highway 70 yard sale today, even though it is the last day of the 3-day sale. This is a yard sale that runs all the way from Memphis to Nashville all along highway 70. Well I am so happy I went, the first place we stopped was an estate sale, rather than a yard sale, and they had almost nothing left but just a few odds and ends in the yard, but then I saw a sign that said furniture in the house. Well, the last thing I need is furniture, but I found my self saying can I go in and look around? Guess what I found......it's not a feather weight, but it is a vintage Singer model 66-18. I got it in the cabinet for $15 and it runs too! Now DH and I have the project of getting it cleaned up and making sure everything is in tip top shape. Oh yeah I also found a vintage quilt top for $3.00. I take pictures tomorrow and post. :-D :-D :-D
Here is the update folks. I believe what I bought was a Godzilla. It is model number 66-18 and serial number AL039395 so from what I can find it is a heavy duty machine produce around 1950. It did come with the manual, one pressure foot, the foot pedal, and some bobbins. The quilt top is in pretty good shape two small holes, and I did find one spot where a seam is coming apart. Other than that it all seems to be intact.

:P :P :P :P :P

66-18 Godzilla
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84891[/ATTACH]

Face
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84892[/ATTACH]

Quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84894[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84886.jpe   attachment-84887.jpe   attachment-84889.jpe