View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Holice
Banned

A note about WM fabric. Cranston Print Works provided a lot of fabric for WM. A lot of it was probably considered to be the lesser quality. It was most likely what was printed at their plant in Mass. That plant no longer prints and all (as far as I know) is now printed overseas.
The overseas fabric is and always a better quality. I know this because I have been in their warehouse many times and have seen what is coming in for the past year or so of longer. I don't have a WM in my area that carries fabric so I don't know what is available in the WM that does have fabric. The bottom line is know how to select. I bought a group from the big box fabric store recently because I needed a group and they had it. The quality was all over the scale and some was difficult to work with. I also noticed that the big box name was on the selvedge of the fabric which was interesting. So....know what you are buying at any store. I have also bought an entire line from the LQS and noticed a difference in quality within the group. Some was so so and others not so. Over the years I have noticed that some fabric printed in the US was simpler designs and a little different than the overseas printings.